Installer - Fort Lauderdale
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package (refer to website)|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Since 1981, Xerox Audio Visual Solutions (XAV) has been a premier provider of comprehensive Audio Visual Solutions, combined with Enterprise IT Collaboration Technology. As a Diamond Member of InfoComm, we are a proud provider of premium comprehensive Collaboration Solutions into Commercial, Education, Faith Based, Government, Military, and Healthcare markets. With offices serving twelve states, we are one of the ten largest Unified Communication integrators in the country. |
XAV is the only AV / VTC reseller in the market backed by a $22 billion organization. Formed through the acquisition of many smaller AV companies, XAV blends the best of ‘regional family type’ offices backed by a large Fortune 100 Corporate entity.
Job Title: Installer
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Direct supervision of employee and contract installation technicians
- Low voltage cabling installation
- Training customers on the use of systems that we install
- Pulling wire, installing wall plates and good soldering skills are needed
Xerox Audio Visual Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Excellent customer service skills are a must
- Experience in commercial AV installations, familiarity with Crestron/AMX controls is a plus
- Experience configuring Extron switchers
- Experience installing and/or configuring Polycom and/or TANDBERG videoconferencing products
- Good mechanical/fabrication and soldering skills
- Ability to accurately read wiring diagrams
- Direct supervisory experience
- This position requires occasional travel; this person will sometimes have to travel for periods of 2 to 4 days
- Required to work occasional evenings and weekends
- The job involves some heavy lifting and the person will sometimes have to go up on a 30 foot lift
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools; this position requires having your own basic hand tools normally used on sites
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.